born 20th July 1987 in Kladno, Czechoslovakia
since 2011: postgraduate studies – program STARS, Department of Ecology, Faculty of Science, Charles University
2009-2011: Master’s degree program, Department of Ecology, Faculty of Science, Charles University (master’s thesis: Geographical variability in functional traits of birds in Europe)
2006-2009: Bachelor’s degree program, Faculty of Science, Charles University (bachelor’s thesis: The role of life strategies in the formation of geographical distribution of vertebrates)
2002-2006 Gymnasium Kladno
- data processing including statistics evaluation, creation of databases
- organization of foreign scientific expeditions – South Africa (February 2012), Namibia & Botswana (November 2012), Zimbabwe & Botswana (March 2014), Namibia, Botswana & Zimbabwe (November 2016)
- organization of scientific conferences of the Czech Society for Ecology (ČSPE) in 2011, Kostelec nad Černými lesy and 2017, Prague
- participation in field excursions and workshops for students of Bachelor and Master courses of Biology at the Faculty of Science, Charles University
- Ferenc, M., Sedláček, O., Fuchs, R., Hořák, D., Storchová, L., Dinetti, M., Fraissinet, M. & Storch, D. (2017) Large-scale commonness is the best predictor of bird species presence in European cities. Urban Ecosystems. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11252-017-0709-7
- Kopsová-Storchová, L., Storch, D., Brotons, L. & Hořák, D. (2017) Geographical variation in reproductive investment across avian assemblages in Europe: effects of environmental drivers differ between altricial and precocial species. Journal of Avian Biology, 48:976-987. DOI: 10.1111/jav.0113
- Okie, J.G., Van Horn, D.J., Storch, D., Barrett, J.E., Gooseff, M.N., Kopsova, L. & Takacs-Vesbach, C.D. (2015) Niche and metabolic principles explain patterns of diversity and distribution: theory and a case study with soil bacterial communities. Proc. R. Soc. B 282: 20142630. http://dx.doi.org/10.1098/rspb.2014.2630
- Pe’er, G., Tsianou, M. A., Franz, K. W., Matsinos, Y. G., Mazaris, A. D., Storch, D., Kopsová, L., Verboom, J., Baguette, M., Stevens, V. M. & Henle, K. (2014) Toward better application of minimum area requirements in conservation planning. Biological Conservation, 170, 92-102.
- Reif, J., Hořák, D., Krištín, A., Kopsová, L. and Devictor, V. (2016) Linking habitat specialization with species’ traits in European birds. Oikos, 125, 405–413.
- Storchová L. and Hořák D. (2018) Life-history characteristics of European birds. Global Ecology and Biogeography 2017;00:1–7. https://doi.org/10.1111/geb.12709